Humantech ergonomist, Jennie Gober, spoke at the 2014 Michigan Safety Conference this week on how to effectively manage ergonomics using technology. In this video, Jennie shares six ways to move your ergonomics process from reactive to proactive by working smarter, not harder.
In summary, here are the six ways:
1. Force measurement tools – dynamometers
2. Advanced data collection tools – EMG, accelerometers, electrogoniometers
3. Analysis software – NIOSH, 3DSSPP, 3-D Modeling
4. Software as a service – online training, online databases
5. Distribution solutions – pick-to-light, automated fork trucks
6. Manufacturing solutions – mechanical arms, electric wheels