Most of us use the NIOSH Lifting Equation on a regular basis, but when was the last time you visited the NIOSH website to read current articles? As a division of the CDC, the NIOSH has a web page dedicated to ergonomics and musculoskeletal disorders. Current topics posted on this page include:
- Scientific Support from Epidemiologic Research
- Ergonomics Programs and Interventions
- Evaluating Risk Factors for Lifting Tasks
- Back Belts and Back Injury
- Computer Keyboards & Video Display Terminals
Additionally, there is a valuable link to NIOSHTIC-2, which is a searchable bibliographic database of occupational safety and health publications, documents, grant reports, and journal articles supported in whole or in part by NIOSH. Check it out!