As part of a new VelocityEHS virtual event,“The Short Conference” on May 21, 2020, a panel of experts will discuss the global regulatory framework and discuss some of the trending topics that regulators are prioritizing. Covering both US and international jurisdictions, this panel will help EHS professionals navigate the regulatory uncertainties and stay up–to–date on recent compliance and enforcement initiatives.
The session, “Covid & Compliance: Navigating Regulatory and Legal Hurdles” takes place at 9 AM EDT. Winnie Ip, vice president for VelocityEHS will moderate the discussion featuring:
- Douglas W. Crim, PLC (OSHA Law Center)
- Pam Walaski, CSP, Program Director, Specialty Technical Consultants, Inc.
- Elaine Ye, Expert Services Manager, Enhesa
EHS professionals are facing new challenges and shifting priorities to ensure the health and safety of employees and the public. While employers have had to quickly adjust to new requirements on social distancing in employee work areas, use of personal protective equipment, and reporting COVID-19 cases as occupational illnesses, the future is equally as complex. New policies and guidelines are being published daily that refine mitigation requirements and establish “return to work” provisions. Join us for an opportunity to “ask the expert on how these initiatives will continue to impact EHS programs and resources, and to learn:
- new and evolving requirements related to COVID-19
- global trends for policies and legislation impacting businesses during the pandemic
- enforcement initiatives from the US and around the world
- practical insights and stories from the perspective of EHS professionals
- tips and tricks for navigating the regulatory uncertainties
- suggestions for COVID-19 related regulatory resources
We know you’re busier than ever right now, so don’t worry—we’ve made it easy for you to attend as much or as little of The Short Conference as you’d like. With a single, complimentary registration, you’ll be able to attend the sessions you want, leave when you need to, and come back anytime while the conference is in session. For two sessions, there is an opportunity to earn CEUs for ergonomics and industrial hygiene. Visit www.ehs.com/shortconference2020 for more information and to register.
Let VelocityEHS Help!
Be sure to check out the growing library of helpful articles and free tools to help protect against COVID-19 and manage safety in both the home and workplace during these challenging times on the VelocityEHS COVID-19 Resource Site.