Many of us have been working from home, and this has forced us to get creative with our work-from-home environments. Some have turned closets into office spaces, and others have gone all-out, building their own sit-to-stand workstations. By now we’ve learned some shortcuts to make up for the lack of an extra monitor, such as working with a split screen, using the multiple desktop function (press Windows + Tab) or toggling through multiple applications quickly (press Alt + Tab). We also now know how to convert any old chair into one that is a bit more ergonomic, using pillows or rolled towels as lumbar support, stacks of books to support the feet, and pillows or pads to boost oneself up if the working surface is too high.
If you’ve worked from home for a while and are thinking you have no creative home-office hacks, you’re likely wrong! Show us how you’ve adapted to working from home during our #HomeOfficeHacks social media challenge during the month of October.
To Participate in the #HomeOfficeHacks:
- Post a photo of your home-office hack with the hashtag #HomeOfficeHacks and @Humantech, as well as a short description, to your personal LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter page during the month of October.
- Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a VelocityEHS customer, so invite your friends, family, and colleagues to participate. If you don’t have a home-office hack yet, it’s time to find one. Get creative!
- Each week, the best home-office hacks will be selected by a team of VelocityEHS’s board-certified ergonomists and posted to the Velocity EHS | Humantech social media sites, including LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- A winner will be announced on November 12th on social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) and will receive a FREE home-office remote consult with a board-certified ergonomist.
What Are the Rules?
- Only one entry per participant (make it good!)
- No official sign-up or purchases necessary
- You may only use your own home-office hacks; anything taken from the internet or that is not your own work will be disqualified
- Images cannot be used to promote companies or services
- Images may not include profanity
- Images cannot include brands or sponsors
- Inappropriate images/videos will be disqualified
- Read the full list of rules and regulations
This event dose not promote products or services and does not include misleading business practices meant to scam or misinform participants. This contest is in no way sponsored or endorsed by LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter. Prizes are not funded or supplied by any social networking platform. By participating in this contest, your images will be shared across LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter social media platforms. This information is being collected by VelocityEHS only; no social media platform is collecting this information.