Trinity Health was formed in 2013 by the merging of two national Catholic health systems: Trinity Health and Catholic Health East. Today, it is one of the largest Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation serving communities in 21 states, with 90 hospitals and 120 continuing care locations. Like many health care institutions, there was a… read more
People make mistakes, and those mistakes creep into your business processes to erode the quality of what your people do, how they think, and what they produce. Human error and the consequences of human error (system sensitivity) need to be understood in context with one another. Human error and system sensitivity are two interdependent partners…. read more
The Find It – Fix It Challenge recognizes effective workplace solutions resulting in increased productivity, improved worker morale, and fewer workplace injuries and illnesses. The challenge is open to all past or current Humantech clients and will run from June 1st through September 11, 2015. New Elements this Year: The contest will recognize both… read more
Product Name: Thermo Scientific F1 Pipette with ClipTip Technology
Ergonomic Benefits and Features:
- The pipettes feature new Interlock technology which is based on flexible clips positioned evenly around the top of the tip. During attachment the unique tip fitting shape opens the clips, and the clips pass over the fitting flange and return to closed position. In addition, the lock ensures the tip will not loosen, or fall off during pipetting or touch-off.
- Each time ClipTip pipette tips are on, they are sealed. The seal will last for as long as the tips are attached to the pipette regardless of application. Since the tips are locked with the clips they are always attached with the same force.
- Tip ejection of the ClipTip interlocking system requires less than 50% of the force required for conical tip fitting systems. If a sufficient force level is not reached during attachment the ClipTip tips remain in the tip rack.
- Increased precision and minimal variation between dispense volumes of different channels.
- Handle diameter (between 1.2″ and 2.0″) comfortably fits into the palm of your hand allowing a power grip during use.
- No sound feedback of installed tips, only visual feedback
- The thumb extension distance seems a little too long for some users
- Any laboratory
- Lab environments where multiple samples are needed
- Chemical and Petrochemical Industry. Acid resistant lab requirements. The tip fitting is acid resistant AISI 316 steel, which is a commonly used material in appliances where corrosion resistance is needed.
Humantech does not endorse any of the products or companies featured in the reviews. All images are property of the vendor and used for illustrative reference only.
By Josh Kerst, CPE Nearly 3,000 safety professionals gathered in Grand Rapids this week for the 83rdannual Michigan Safety Conference. It’s wonderful to reconnect with our friends to share mutual work experiences and advance the collective ergonomics/safety knowledge. There were many great sessions, but one of the highlights was a talk on “Evaluating Push/Pull Forces… read more
by Michael Hoonhorst, AEP The National Center for Human Factors Engineering in Healthcare brings together a diverse and collaborative group from human factors engineers to clinicians in order to improve healthcare quality, efficiency, reliability, and safety. The Center conducts usability tests, heuristic reviews, and other human factors evaluations for medical devices and Health IT applications… read more
Product Name: Bel-Art Scienceware Ergopet II Memory Adjustable Pipette Controller Description: Bel-Art Scienceware has created a powered pipette controller, the Ergopet II Memory Pipettor. Although a memory pipettor is common for use in laboratories, this product has the ability to extend in height to allow the pipette tip to be lifted between 4″ and 12ʺ… read more
by Josh Kerst, CPE An excellent article came out today from Pharmaceutical Processing that demonstrates how better and more potent medicine manufacturing can be assisted by ergonomic facility design and layouts. Roche has made a significant commitment to develop potent compounds (a relatively new class of drugs that has many uses) but the major roadblock… read more
Thank you to those who attended this week’s webinar, “Ergonomics in Healthcare”. As promised, below are the answers to questions you posed during the live event. Q: In terms of patient handling, what is happening to address patient care ergonomics for care delivered in the home environment (nurses, nurses’ aides)? A: Safe patient handling in… read more
“Five Ways to Improve Ergonomics in the Laboratory,” is the title of a new, free e-book released by Humantech earlier this month. The laboratory environment poses unique challenges resulting from the use of specialized equipment. Increasing your awareness of existing and potential ergonomic issues in the lab, knowing how to adjust workstations to fit the… read more