What a great week at the Applied Ergonomics Conference in Nashville. As professional ergonomists, we find it particularly motivating when visiting the Ergo Cup® booths and talking with the employee teams that are making a real difference for their fellow employees and the overall health of their companies—so much positive energy!
All the teams that participated in the contest are to be commended. The quality of entries was extremely high and we hear from Humantech Vice President and Ergo Cup® judge, Josh Kerst, that it was a very close contest. But all contests must have winners, so special congratulations the 2012 Ergo Cup® Winners!
- Team-Driven Workplace Solutions – Ethicon for “Ergonomic Risk Reduction Leads Increase of Production Productivity and Saving”
- Team Driven Workplace Solutions with Internal Competition – Bath Iron Works for “Fisette 2000 Tool for Mechanized Grinding”
- Engineering/Ergonomist Driven Workplace Solutions – GE Aviation for “GE90 Swing Arm Storage System”
- Ergonomic Program Improvement Initiative – Honda of America Mfg., Inc. for “Associate Training Facility”
Also, congratulations to the 2012 Ergo Excellence Award winners (The People’s Choice!)
- Simplicity – Cordis Corp for “The Spool Handler: A Simple and Unique Solution to the Handling of Spools.”
- Innovation – GE Aviation for “GE90 Swing Arm Storage System”
- Cost Savings – GE Energy for “Copper Bar Handling Solution”
- Risk Reduction – Bath Iron Works for “Fisette 2000 Tool for Mechanized Grinding”
- Presentation – Ethicon Endo-Surgery for “Running with the Bulls – Technicians Improve Material Flow Process”