by Michael Hoonhorst, CPE
Now that the warmer months are upon us, we get to enjoy more outdoor activities. Unfortunately for a lot of us, that includes lawn maintenance. If you are not fortunate enough to own a riding lawn mower, here are some ergonomic tips for mowing the lawn.
- Make sure to use fresh fuel and change the spark plug.This will reduce the amount of pulls it takes to start the lawnmower.
- Wear gloves that provide some padding to reduce vibration exposure.
- Be sure to take breaks if it is hot outside.
- Take in plenty of fluids (NIOSH suggests 1 cup every 15 to 20 minutes).
- Wear absorbent clothes that are open weave to allow air flow.