Written by: humantech on November 13th, 2012
by Rachel Leach, CPE
It’s one thing to keep ergonomics in mind at your workstation, but how do you maintain healthy postures during meetings and training events? Read on.
- Sit with your back resting against the back of the chair and avoid leaning forward.
- If the viewing screen is perpendicular to you, turn your whole body and chair to view the screen (as opposed to turning just your neck.)
- Avoid resting your elbows, forearms, or wrists on hard surfaces or sharp edges.
- Give your eyes a break by using the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes look 20 feet away and hold for 20 seconds.
- Walk around for four to five minutes for every 60 to 90 minutes that you remain seated.