Ergonomic Specialists, LLC has developed a cart with a platform that automatically adjusts the vertical height of product as it is loaded and unloaded from the deck. The platform deck maintains product at an optimal working height via a spring assisted mechanism, allowing operators to perform material handling tasks in the recommended range between 38” and 49” above the standing surface. In addition, the carts are towable by connection one to another which allows for improved product movement.
Ergonomic Benefits and Features:
- The deck automatically raises and lowers as weight is added and removed reducing excessive forces, strains associated with lifting while bending at the trunk. It can allow the operator to maintain an upright, neutral working back posture.
- The platform cart can be custom equipped with a variety of caster designs to reduce forces on the trunk and upper extremities during pushing and pulling tasks.
- The platform truck is towable by connecting trucks to one another, improving mobility and reducing the frequency of transferring product between workstations.
- Various models are available to handle different load capacities, but as a good practice, verify acceptable push/pull limits using Snook and Ciriello tables.
- Some cart frame models are very large and may obstruct the view of the operator as they maneuver throughout the workspace, sometimes resulting in sideways back bending and/or awkward neck postures.
- If loads are not evenly distributed when staged on the platform (or unloaded in a distributed fashion), the leveling feature may not adjust as effectively.
- If loads vary, as sometimes occurs in distribution centers or warehouses, the spring tension may have to be adjusted. This often requires additional resources and not always a quick change.
- Manual material handling
- Hand trucks
- Unloading Trucks
Humantech does not endorse any of the products or companies featured in the reviews. All images are property of the vendor and used for illustrative reference only.