Product Review: LOCUS Seat
Focal Upright Furniture has developed a unique “perched” seating alternative to standard office furniture. The design encourages mobility and movement during a typical workday – two behaviors that are important for ergonomic injury risk reduction in typical office environments. The upright perched seated posture orientates the low back in a more neutral position, while making the transition to standing postures much easier.
Ergonomic Benefits and Features:
- The design encourages users to stand while working and encourages mobility.
- The transition between “sitting” and standing is effortless, and encourages frequent posture variation that reduces static passive and active tissue loading.
- The range of seat pan height and tilt adjustability accommodates most workers.
- The seat is applicable for a variety of workstations, not just in the office, such as those that require interaction with standing customers for specific durations.
- For older users, the lack of a stable support results in increased fall risk.
- Seat pan material is very rigid and contours are prominent creating potential pressure points.
- Requires a height adjustable desk to be most effective
- Office workstations
- Occupations that require interactions with standing customers
- Drafting tables
Humantech does not endorse any of the products or companies featured in the reviews. All images are property of the vendor and used for illustrative reference only.