Product Review: Saint-Gobain Bio-Simplex ™ Carboy
Saint-Gobain has a unique rectangular carboy design that eliminates many handling issues associated with typical carboys. The Bio-Simplex™ Carboy offers 5 handles for the operator to grasp during handling. The multitude of handles are each long enough to accommodate the largest operators’ hands and allow for 2-person carboy carrying. The rectangular shape maximizes carboy capacity and requires less storage space compared to circular carboys of identical capacities. Also, the sloped interior of the carboy near the spout is designed to reduce the amount of tilting required to drain the carboy.
Ergonomic Benefits and Features:
- Multiple handles are provided where traditional carboys have none
- Wider opening makes the interior of the carboy easier to clean
- Shape of interior near spout is designed to reduce forceful carboy tipping
- Cap design incorporates large groves to make opening and closing it easier with less force
- Larger container sizes are too large for one operator to handle safely
- Handles are too thin and curved
- Clean rooms
- Fluid transfer
Humantech does not endorse any of the products or companies featured in the reviews. All images are property of the vendor and used for illustrative reference only.