Product Review: Slide-Out Cargo Tray
Slide-Out Cargo Tray
Slide-Out Cargo Trays extend from a truck’s bed and present the user with his or her materials, tools, and equipment. They allow the user to safely access items and significantly reduce climbing or crawling into the vehicle, making this an ideal solution for fleet vehicle and sales services applications.
Depending on the need, the trays come in manual and motorized models, with the motorized models being preferred from an ergonomics perspective. There are motorized 1000, 1750, and 2000-pound capacity models available. Non-motorized models are useful for utility/service bodies, RVs, and vans. Each cargo tray locks in multiple positions and is easy to install. The cargo rollout drawer featured here is from Adrian Steel.
Ergonomic Benefits and Features:
- Eliminates or reduces the need for climbing into vehicles to retrieve materials, tools, product and equipment.
- Reduces the horizontal reach distance often associated with accessing items inside vehicles.
- Durable design with minimal components results in prolonged good working condition and minimal maintenance requirements.
- Trays can be installed at various widths to allow for access into vehicle and/or for interior storage shelving if necessary.
- Ensure push/pull force requirements to open/close the unit do not exceed recommended standing arm strength guidelines of 18 lb to 33lb (depending on the force application).
- Often fleet vehicles are restricted by parking access, therefore consider if the operator would benefit greater from a rear or side door rollout unit.
- Fleet vehicles
- Sales force
- Vans, SUV’s, Pickup trucks
Humantech does not endorse any of the products or companies featured in the reviews. All images are property of the vendor and used for illustrative reference only.