Your Work-from-Home Toolbox
With the COVID-19 outbreak, many employees are working from home for extended periods of time. Whether this is new for you, or something you do all the time, it’s important to know how to prevent the risks that lead to musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
Why should you care about musculoskeletal disorders?
- MSDs are painful disorders of the muscles, nerves, tendons, ligaments, joints, cartilage, or spinal discs.
- They progress over time. If you’re consistently using a workstation that isn’t designed to fit you and are exposed to risk factors like awkward postures, you are well on your way to developing a painful MSD.
- MSDs such as back strain and carpal tunnel syndrome account for one third of workplace injury and illness costs.
- The bottom line: MSDs are painful. Ergonomics—designing the workplace to match people’s capabilities—can help.
To ease your transition to working from home, we’ve collected everything you need to know into one spot. Take an online ergonomics assessment for free, and check out the webinar, info sheet, blog posts, and educational video below. These resources have tips from our certified professional ergonomists and will help you make your work-from-home experience safer and more comfortable.
Ergonomics resources for your home office
Ergonomics Assessment We invite you to work safely at home with Humantech® Office Ergonomics. For a limited time, at no charge, you can learn the basic principles of office ergonomics and assess your personal workspace in less than 30 minutes. Want the full version? Learn more about our limited-time offers.
Webinar Working from Home – Things You Need to Know: Watch this on-demand webinar and learn from our certified professional ergonomists who share tips on how to properly set up your own personal remote workstation, how to stay connected with your team, and how to stay sane!
- Don’t Work from the Couch! Tips to Improve Your Home Office
- Four Ways to Improve Your Home Office
- Transform Any Room into an Office
- How to Pick a Chair for Your Home Office
- Tips for Taking Work Home
- Four Tips for the Perfect Laptop Setup
Video (Captions available in Spanish, Chinese, and French)